Welcome to the School of Computer Science
The School of Computer Science is a centre of excellence for computer science teaching and research, with staff and students from Scotland and all parts of the world. It is a member of SICSA - The Scottish Informatics and Computer Science Alliance.
We offer BSc, MSci, MSc, MPhil and PhD degree programmes, and are active in research in the fundamentals of computer science, networking and distributed systems, artificial intelligence, human computer interaction, and software systems engineering.
If you are thinking about studying at St Andrews, you are very welcome to come and visit us to see for yourself. There are visiting days on Wednesdays throughout the year.
- Movember: Tash on a Stick Cookies
- Delicious and for a great cause. Brynja and Rosa visited Computer Science to raise money for Movember. They have raised approximately £1,000 so far, [...]
- School Seminar: Cloud Platform in Financial Services – Allan Beck, J.P. Morgan
- Title: Cloud Platform in Financial Services Presenter: Allan Beck, Cloud Platform and Strategy Lead from JPMorgan Chase Abstract: Cloud Computing is r [...]
- Fun and Fireworks
- Some stunning pictures of the North Haugh and recent Guy Fawkes Night fireworks at the East Sands. Images courtesy of MSc student Xu Zhu.
- Computer Science: Semester One
- Semester one so far has seen new arrivals in the fish tank, great minds at the think tank, a thank you from MacMillan and a cake for Ada Lovelace Day [...]
- Lectureship in Computer Science
- We seek applications for a lectureship in Computer Science. We welcome applications from excellent researchers who are keen to cooperate with others w [...]
- Funded PhD Research Studentships
- The School of Computer Science at the University of St Andrews has funding for students to undertake PhD research in any of the general research areas [...]
- Tales from the Burn
- The PhD Reading Party of 2014 took place in the serene Burn House, outside Edzell bordering on the Cairngorms. The PhD students had the opportunity to [...]
Ongoing and future events
- Distinguished lecture 2014 next week
- Distinguished lecture, Lecture: 25th Nov 2014 at 9:15 am to 4:00 pm (in Lower College Hall) Distinguished Lectures Series The first of this academic year’s distinguished lectures will be given by Prof Luca Cardelli of Microsoft Research and the University of Oxford, [...]
See the documentation on how to publish news and events.