Welcome to the School of Computer Science
The School of Computer Science is a centre of excellence for computer science teaching and research, with staff and students from Scotland and all parts of the world. It is a member of SICSA - The Scottish Informatics and Computer Science Alliance.
We offer BSc, MSci, MSc, MPhil and PhD degree programmes, and are active in research in the fundamentals of computer science, networking and distributed systems, artificial intelligence, human computer interaction, and software systems engineering.
If you are thinking about studying at St Andrews, you are very welcome to come and visit us to see for yourself. There are visiting days on Wednesdays throughout the year.
- PhD Poster Session 2015
- Students and staff are pictured at the annual PhD poster session. The perfect opportunity,before teaching starts for supervisors and reviewers to catc [...]
- Notable Woman in Computing Card Deck
- Available on a coffee table (Jack Cole) near you: Notable Women in Computing playing card deck featuring 54 notable women in computer science. Play yo [...]
- Ae fond farewell: Anne and Joy
- As we start a new semester, we take time to reflect on those leaving the department. Fare thee well Anne and Joy. The School hosted a retirement recep [...]
- School Seminar Series: Matching in Practice: Junior Doctor Allocation and Kidney Exchange
- Matching in Practice: Junior Doctor Allocation and Kidney Exchange by Dr. David Manlove Abstract: Matching problems typically involve assigning agents [...]
- Research Evaluation Framework 2014
- The results of the UK Research Evaluation Framework 2014 were released publicly today. The School of Computer Science was rated 14th in the UK (and [...]
- Laidlaw Undergraduate Internship Programme updated
- Deadline Monday 9th February 2015 at 5pm This week, the University is launching an exciting new internship programme, ‘The Laidlaw Undergraduate Int [...]
- Graduation December 2014
- Congratulations to the Masters Class of 2014, and PhD students Dr Lakshitha De Silva and Dr Iain Parris who graduated today. The School also celebrate [...]
Ongoing and future events
- School Seminar Series: Matching in Practice: Junior Doctor Allocation and Kidney Exchange next week
- Talk: 3rd Feb 2015 at 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm (in Cole 1.33a) School Seminar Series Matching in Practice: Junior Doctor Allocation and Kidney Exchange by Dr. David Manlove Abstract: Matching problems typically involve assigning agents [...]
See the documentation on how to publish news and events.