Welcome to the School of Computer Science
The School of Computer Science is a centre of excellence for computer science teaching and research, with staff and students from Scotland and all parts of the world. It is a member of SICSA - The Scottish Informatics and Computer Science Alliance.
We offer BSc, MSci, MSc, MPhil and PhD degree programmes, and are active in research in the fundamentals of computer science, networking and distributed systems, artificial intelligence, human computer interaction, and software systems engineering.
If you are thinking about studying at St Andrews, you are very welcome to come and visit us to see for yourself. There are visiting days on Wednesdays throughout the year.
- CoDiMa (CCP in the area of Computational Discrete Mathematics)
- Steve Linton and Alexander Konovalov were successful in the application for the EPSRC-funded Collaborative Computational Project called CoDiMa (CCP in [...]
- Administrative Data Research Centre – Scotland, St Andrews team
- The Scottish ADRC is led by Chris Dibben at the University of Edinburgh, and is supported by the Economic and Social Research Council. The ADRC – [...]
- A PhD studentship, in collaboration with MSR (Cambridge)
- Reasoning about Racy Programs under Relaxed Consistency A PhD studentship, in collaboration with MSR (Cambridge) http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/c [...]
- Notable Woman in Computing Card Deck
- Available on a coffee table (Jack Cole) near you: Notable Women in Computing playing card deck featuring 54 notable women in computer science. Play yo [...]
- Research Evaluation Framework 2014
- The results of the UK Research Evaluation Framework 2014 were released publicly today. The School of Computer Science was rated 14th in the UK (and [...]
Ongoing and future events
- March 10th, seminar by Nick Taylor: Sustaining Civic Engagement in Communities next week
- Seminar: 10th Mar 2015 at 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm (in Cole 1.33a) Speaker: Nick Taylor, University of Dundee Date/Time: 2-3pm March 10, 2015 Location: CS1.33a, University of St Andrews Abstract: Engagement with local [...]
- What’s happening to computer hardware, and what does it mean for systems software?
- Distinguished lecture: 2nd Apr 2015 at 9:30 am to 4:00 pm (in TBA) Distinguished Lectures Series The first set of Computer Science Distinguished Lectures in 2015 will be given by Prof Mothy Roscoe of ETH Zurich, 0930–1600 on Thursday 2nd April i [...]
See the documentation on how to publish news and events.