Welcome to the School of Computer Science
The School of Computer Science is a centre of excellence for computer science teaching and research, with staff and students from Scotland and all parts of the world. It is a member of SICSA - The Scottish Informatics and Computer Science Alliance.
We offer BSc, MSci, MSc, MPhil and PhD degree programmes, and are active in research in the fundamentals of computer science, networking and distributed systems, artificial intelligence, human computer interaction, and software systems engineering.
If you are thinking about studying at St Andrews, you are very welcome to come and visit us to see for yourself. There are visiting days on Wednesdays throughout the year.
Orientation Week 2014
- Orientation Week Programme
- Student Handbook
Calendars by year (local access only)
- Tales from the Burn
- The PhD Reading Party of 2014 took place in the serene Burn House, outside Edzell bordering on the Cairngorms. The PhD students had the opportunity to [...]
- Tick Tock – Time is running out
- Twas the week before orientation, when all through the labs not a student was stirring. We are looking forward to welcoming our new students next week [...]
- PhD Viva Success
- Congratulations to Dr Graeme Stevenson, who passed his PhD viva earlier today. He is pictured below with supervisor Professor Simon Dobson and Interna [...]
- MSc Poster Demo Session 2014
- Last September a diverse group of students arrived at orientation to begin, their MSc journey. After a year of hard work, and an intensive summer proj [...]
- NSS 2014: Computer Science Students 100% Satisfied
- The results of the 2014 National Student Survey (NSS) were released this week and 100% of our students reported themselves “satisfied [...]
- “Love Learning” Video Competition Winner
- Congratulations to James Montgomery, the overall video winner in “Love Learning” an annual competition run by UCAS and The Times. James viewed the [...]
- MSc Summer Barbecue
- MSc students take time out of their busy schedule to enjoy a summer BBQ. A sunny July day presented an opportunity to relax and reflect on all their h [...]
Ongoing and future events
- Enterprise NoSQL in the BBC today
- Seminar: 16th Sep 2014 at 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm (in Cole 1.33a) School Seminar Series Hear why MarkLogic was chosen as the 2012 Olympic website content store to ingest, store and deliver the data and content assets to the BBC¹s mobi [...]
- Class Rep Elections next week
- 22nd Sep 2014 at 9:00 am to 26th Sep 2014 at 5:00 pm Elections for student class representative positions will take place online during Week 3, with nominations in Week 2. See the Students’ Associa [...]
- Lasers, nanoparticles and cancer: fighting cancer using medical imaging by David Harris-Birtill, University of St Andrews next week
- Seminar: 23rd Sep 2014 at 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm (in Cole 1.33a) Abstract: This talk outlines David Harris-Birtill’s previous research (at the Institute of Cancer Research and Imperial College London) focusing on [...]
See the documentation on how to publish news and events.