Welcome to the School of Computer Science
The School of Computer Science is a centre of excellence for computer science teaching and research, with staff and students from Scotland and all parts of the world. It is a member of SICSA - The Scottish Informatics and Computer Science Alliance.
We offer BSc, MSci, MSc, MPhil and PhD degree programmes, and are active in research in the fundamentals of computer science, networking and distributed systems, artificial intelligence, human computer interaction, and software systems engineering.
If you are thinking about studying at St Andrews, you are very welcome to come and visit us to see for yourself. There are visiting days on Wednesdays throughout the year.
Orientation Week 2014
- Orientation Week Programme
- Student Handbook
Calendars by year (local access only)
- School Welcome Receptions 2014
- Staff and students are pictured socialising during orientation week receptions. Lots of twiglets, cheese and wine, and Irn-Bru for the uninitiated.
- Computer Science: Food diversity
- Highlighting the School’s penchant for the sweet and fizzy, earlier this week Long Thai returned from vacation with Vietnamese sweets including: [...]
- AetherStore Software Defined Storage updated
- Graduates Robert Macinnis, Allan Boyd and Angus Macdonald, the executive team behind AetherWorks, and distributed data storage solution AetherStore fe [...]
- Ae Fond Farewell: Per Ola Kristensson
- As we start a new semester, we take time to reflect on those moving on to new ventures and wish colleague and friend, Per Ola Kristensson every succes [...]
- Welcome to Jonathan Hughes honorary research fellow
- We are delighted to welcome Jonathan Hughes as an honorary research fellow to SACHI and the School of Computer Science. Jonathan is Founder & CEO [...]
- Tales from the Burn
- The PhD Reading Party of 2014 took place in the serene Burn House, outside Edzell bordering on the Cairngorms. The PhD students had the opportunity to [...]
- Tick Tock – Time is running out
- Twas the week before orientation, when all through the labs not a student was stirring. We are looking forward to welcoming our new students next week [...]
Ongoing and future events
- Class Rep Elections next week
- 22nd Sep 2014 at 9:00 am to 26th Sep 2014 at 5:00 pm Elections for student class representative positions will take place online during Week 3, with nominations in Week 2. See the Students’ Associa [...]
- Lasers, nanoparticles and cancer: fighting cancer using medical imaging by David Harris-Birtill, University of St Andrews next week
- Seminar: 23rd Sep 2014 at 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm (in Maths Theatre D) Abstract: This talk outlines David Harris-Birtill’s previous research (at the Institute of Cancer Research and Imperial College London) focusing on [...]
See the documentation on how to publish news and events.