Welcome to the School of Computer Science
The School of Computer Science is a centre of excellence for computer science teaching and research, with staff and students from Scotland and all parts of the world. It is a member of SICSA - The Scottish Informatics and Computer Science Alliance.
We offer BSc, MSci, MSc, MPhil and PhD degree programmes, and are active in research in the fundamentals of computer science, networking and distributed systems, artificial intelligence, human computer interaction, and software systems engineering.
If you are thinking about studying at St Andrews, you are very welcome to come and visit us to see for yourself. There are visiting days on Wednesdays throughout the year.
- Research Evaluation Framework 2014
- The results of the UK Research Evaluation Framework 2014 were released publicly today. The School of Computer Science was rated 14th in the UK (and [...]
- Laidlaw Undergraduate Internship Programme
- This week, the University is launching an exciting new internship programme, ‘The Laidlaw Undergraduate Internship Programme in Research and Leaders [...]
- Graduation December 2014
- Congratulations to the Masters Class of 2014, and PhD students Dr Lakshitha De Silva and Dr Iain Parris who graduated today. The School also celebrate [...]
- Distinguished Lecture Series 2014: Luca Cardelli
- The 2014 Distinguished Lecture Series took place on Tuesday in Lower College Hall. This year’s speaker Prof Luca Cardelli of Microsoft Research [...]
- PhD Viva Success
- Congratulations to Dr Lei Fang, who passed his PhD viva yesterday. He is pictured below with Supervisor Professor Simon Dobson, External Examiner Dr I [...]
- Christianne Fahey: Debut Cap for Scotland
- Congratulations to undergraduate student Christianne Fahey who made her rugby debut for Scotland in L’Aquila at the weekend. Scotland Women took [...]
- Fun and Fireworks
- Some stunning pictures of the North Haugh and recent Guy Fawkes Night fireworks at the East Sands. Images courtesy of MSc student Xu Zhu.
See the documentation on how to publish news and events.