Welcome to the School of Computer Science
The School of Computer Science is a centre of excellence for computer science teaching and research, with staff and students from Scotland and all parts of the world. It is a member of SICSA - The Scottish Informatics and Computer Science Alliance.
We offer BSc, MSci, MSc, MPhil and PhD degree programmes, and are active in research in the fundamentals of computer science, networking and distributed systems, artificial intelligence, human computer interaction, and software systems engineering.
If you are thinking about studying at St Andrews, you are very welcome to come and visit us to see for yourself. There are visiting days on Wednesdays throughout the year.
- Finalist in Scottish Software Engineer of the Year
- Congratulations to St Andrews student Simone Ivan Conte, who has been selected as one of the four finalists in the Young Software Engineer of the Year [...]
- Teaching Fellow in Computer Science
- Applications are invited for a Teaching Fellow in Computer Science in the School of Computer Science. In the first instance, at least, this is a fixed [...]
- Computer Science: Graduation 2014
- Congratulations to the Senior Honours Class of 2014, our MSci (Honours) students and our PhD students, who graduate today. Students were invited to a [...]
- Summer in the Edible Campus à la Computer Science
- (no description available for this item)
- Dr Gordon Baxter appointed Scottish Chair of BCS Interaction Group
- Dr Gordon Baxter has recently been appointed as the chair of the Scottish regional sub-group of the BCS Interaction Group. The BCS Interaction Group c [...]
- Hot off the press: Foundations for Designing User Centered Systems
- A new book, Foundations for Designing User-Centered Systems has just been published by Springer. Written by Frank Ritter (Information Sciences and Tec [...]
Ongoing and future events
- Summer School on Experimental Methodology in Computational Science Research next week
- Summer School: 4th Aug 2014 at 9:00 am to 8th Aug 2014 at 5:00 pm The Summer School on Experimental Methodology in Computational Science Research will bring t [...]
- Big data, the Cloud and the future of computing by Dr Kenji Takeda, Microsoft Research next week
- Seminar: 5th Aug 2014 at 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm (in Cole 1.33a) School Seminar Series Abstract: We live in an information society, with cloud computing is changing the way we live, work and play in a world of devices and services. In th [...]
See the documentation on how to publish news and events.