Welcome to the School of Computer Science
The School of Computer Science is a centre of excellence for computer science teaching and research, with staff and students from Scotland and all parts of the world. It is a member of SICSA - The Scottish Informatics and Computer Science Alliance.
We offer BSc, MSci, MSc, MPhil and PhD degree programmes, and are active in research in the fundamentals of computer science, networking and distributed systems, artificial intelligence, human computer interaction, and software systems engineering.
If you are thinking about studying at St Andrews, you are very welcome to come and visit us to see for yourself. There are visiting days on Wednesdays throughout the year.
- First IDIR Summer of V’s workshop
- Computer Science was well represented at a workshop on the challenges of variability in data-driven research that was held earlier this week. The work [...]
- PhD Scholarship in Data Science
- Potential PhD students with a strong background in Computer Science are encouraged to apply for this three-year studentship funded by the Research Cou [...]
- Graham Kirby: Excellence in Teaching Award
- We congratulate our Director of Teaching Dr Graham Kirby on being rewarded for championing ‘learning by doing’ at The University Teaching Awards h [...]
- €4.2M ParaPhrase Project Concludes
- The impressive ParaPhrase project which commenced in October 2011, brought together a world-leading team of academic and industrial experts to improve [...]
- Computer Science Distinguished Lectures 2015
- Earlier this month Prof. Mothy Roscoe from ETH Zürich delivered the first set of distinguished lectures for 2015 in the Byre Theatre. The three highl [...]
- April in Computer Science: Poster Presentations and World Domination
- The Senior Honours students presented their posters and final year software artifacts to staff and students last week. The best poster accolade and as [...]
- DVF: Professor David Kaufman
- Professor David Kaufman of Simon Fraser University in Vancouver will be visiting the School between May 7th and May 21st. Prof. Kaufman is a world lea [...]
Ongoing and future events
- S4 Summer School
- Summer School: 9th Jun 2015 at 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm (in Cole 0.35 - Jack Cole CS Stude [...]) S4 pupils take part in fun, hands-on activities themed around Computer Science and Medicine. They will have the opportunity to work in groups to buil [...]
- June 16th, seminar by Gavin Doherty: Technologies for mental health: designing for engagement
- Seminar: 16th Jun 2015 at 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm (in Cole 1.33a) The School of Computer Science welcomes Dr Gavin Doherty, Trinity College Dublin to give his talk on ‘Technologies for mental health: designing [...]
- First Chances
- Summer School: 18th Jun 2015 at 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm (in Cole 0.35 - Jack Cole CS Stude [...]) Secondary School pupils from across Fife are given a taste of what studying computer science at university involves. They will take part in an intera [...]
- Teachers Together
- Workshop: 19th Jun 2015 at 2:30 pm to 4:45 pm (in Cole 1.33a) The School is welcoming teachers and representatives of Local Education Authorities to a departmental visit as part of the Teachers Together Conferenc [...]
- June 26, Andruid Kerne, The Future of Human Expression: Ideation − Play − Body-based Interaction
- Seminar: 26th Jun 2015 at 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm Speaker: Andruid Kerne, Texas A&M, USA Date/Time: 2-3pm June 26, 2015 Location: CS1.33a, University of St Andrews Andruid is research scien [...]
See the documentation on how to publish news and events.