Welcome to the School of Computer Science
The School of Computer Science is a centre of excellence for computer science teaching and research, with staff and students from Scotland and all parts of the world. It is a member of SICSA - The Scottish Informatics and Computer Science Alliance.
We offer BSc, MSci, MSc, MPhil and PhD degree programmes, and are active in research in the fundamentals of computer science, networking and distributed systems, artificial intelligence, human computer interaction, and software systems engineering.
If you are thinking about studying at St Andrews, you are very welcome to come and visit us to see for yourself. There are visiting days on Wednesdays throughout the year.
- PhD Studentship: Reasoning about Racy Programs under Relaxed Consistency
- A PhD studentship on “Reasoning about Racy Programs under Relaxed Consistency” is available in the School of Computer Science at the Unive [...]
- Graduation 2015: A Computer Science Symposium with Dr Vint Cerf
- The University of St Andrews awarded Dr. Vint Cerf, a founding father of the Internet, an honorary doctorate alongside our graduating students last we [...]
- Join us for June Graduation Reception
- The School will be celebrating more student successes and accomplishments next week, when our Senior Honours and PhD students graduate. We look forwar [...]
- End of Semester Round up
- We have reached the end of semester 2 and so many events, activities and accomplishments have taken place, it’s worth reflecting on all the hard wor [...]
- Computer Science Interns Accelerate Impact
- Congratulations to Computer Science Interns Gergely Flamich, Jack Cargill, Iveta Dulova, Tatiana Tay and Finlay Marno for designing a prize winning po [...]
- Research Evaluation Framework 2014
- The results of the UK Research Evaluation Framework 2014 were released publicly today. The School of Computer Science was rated 14th in the UK (and [...]
Ongoing and future events
- SICSA Summer School on Practical Types next week
- Summer School: 3rd Aug 2015 at 11:00 am to 5th Aug 2015 at 5:00 pm (in Cole 1.33) The SICSA Summer School on Practical Types will give participants an overview of how types can be used in practice. Types have provided numerous ben [...]
- ELT Science Summer School @ Computer Science next week
- Summer School: 3rd Aug 2015 at 2:00 pm to 7th Aug 2015 at 4:00 pm (in Cole 0.35 - Jack Cole CS Stude [...]) High school pupils from across the world are given a taste of what studying computer science at a Scottish university involves. Pupils are guided thro [...]
See the documentation on how to publish news and events.