Welcome to the School of Computer Science
The School of Computer Science is a centre of excellence for computer science teaching and research, with staff and students from Scotland and all parts of the world. It is a member of SICSA - The Scottish Informatics and Computer Science Alliance.
We offer BSc, MSci, MSc, MPhil and PhD degree programmes, and are active in research in the fundamentals of computer science, networking and distributed systems, artificial intelligence, human computer interaction, and software systems engineering.
If you are thinking about studying at St Andrews, you are very welcome to come and visit us to see for yourself. There are visiting days on Wednesdays throughout the year.
- Funded PhD Research Studentships
- The School of Computer Science at the University of St Andrews has funding for students to undertake PhD research in any of the general research areas [...]
- J.P. Morgan Code for Good 2014
- J.P. Morgan Code for Good 2014: Applications Now Open We are inviting talented technologists like you to join Code for Good 2014 in London, w [...]
- Computer Science supports Macmillan
- Another successful Coffee Morning organised by Ishbel Duncan has raised in excess of £170. Today is the UK’s annual biggest coffee morning in aid o [...]
- Computer Science: Food diversity
- Highlighting the School’s penchant for the sweet and fizzy, earlier this week Long Thai returned from vacation with Vietnamese sweets including: [...]
- Ae Fond Farewell: Per Ola Kristensson
- As we start a new semester, we take time to reflect on those moving on to new ventures and wish colleague and friend, Per Ola Kristensson every succes [...]
- Tales from the Burn
- The PhD Reading Party of 2014 took place in the serene Burn House, outside Edzell bordering on the Cairngorms. The PhD students had the opportunity to [...]
- MSc Poster Demo Session 2014
- Last September a diverse group of students arrived at orientation to begin, their MSc journey. After a year of hard work, and an intensive summer proj [...]
See the documentation on how to publish news and events.