Welcome to the School of Computer Science
The School of Computer Science is a centre of excellence for computer science teaching and research, with staff and students from Scotland and all parts of the world. It is a member of SICSA - The Scottish Informatics and Computer Science Alliance.
We offer BSc, MSci, MSc, MPhil and PhD degree programmes, and are active in research in the fundamentals of computer science, networking and distributed systems, artificial intelligence, human computer interaction, and software systems engineering.
If you are thinking about studying at St Andrews, you are very welcome to come and visit us to see for yourself. There are visiting days on Wednesdays throughout the year.
- PhD Viva Success
- Congratulations to Dr Luke Hutton, who successfully defended his PhD thesis earlier today. He is pictured below with Supervisor Dr Tristan Henderson, [...]
- Graduation 2015: A Computer Science Symposium with Dr Vint Cerf
- The University of St Andrews awarded Dr. Vint Cerf, a founding father of the Internet, an honorary doctorate alongside our graduating students last we [...]
- Computer Science: June Graduation Reception 2015
- Congratulations to our Senior Honours Class of 2015, and a bumper crop of PhD students Dr Ruth Hoffmann, Dr Jonathan Ward, Dr Masih Hajiarabderkani, D [...]
- June 22nd: Internet at 100 Symposium with Dr Vint Cerf
- On Monday June 22nd we are organising a one day symposium entitled “The Internet at 100”. This event features a host of distinguished speakers and [...]
- Join us for June Graduation Reception
- The School will be celebrating more student successes and accomplishments next week, when our Senior Honours and PhD students graduate. We look forwar [...]
- End of Semester Round up
- We have reached the end of semester 2 and so many events, activities and accomplishments have taken place, it’s worth reflecting on all the hard wor [...]
- Computer Science Interns Accelerate Impact
- Congratulations to Computer Science Interns Gergely Flamich, Jack Cargill, Iveta Dulova, Tatiana Tay and Finlay Marno for designing a prize winning po [...]
Ongoing and future events
- LIFT OFF to Success
- Summer School: 27th Jul 2015 at 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm (in Cole 0.35 - Jack Cole CS Stude [...]) This session is run as part of the LIFT OFF to Success (LO2S) programme and is aimed at giving school pupils an insight into what it would be like to [...]
- ELT Science Summer School @ Computer Science
- Summer School: 3rd Aug 2015 at 2:00 pm to 7th Aug 2015 at 4:00 pm (in Cole 0.35 - Jack Cole CS Stude [...]) High school pupils from across the world are given a taste of what studying computer science at a Scottish university involves. Pupils are guided thro [...]
See the documentation on how to publish news and events.