Within the general area of cognitive systems, we are active in research in natural language processing, computer music, computer vision and neural networks.
Nederhof works in the area of formal models of natural languages as well as programming languages, with particular interest in generative power and complexity.
Weir works in areas of artificial and natural intelligence, with particular interests in how neural networks, robots, and emotional agents produce goal-directed behaviour.
Academic StaffMark-Jan Nederhof, Mike Weir
- Data-Oriented Parsing (DOP) Projects
- Prototyping and Transformation of Facial Appearance and Dynamics in Video using 3D Deformable Models
- Face of the Future Public Engagement Project
- Visual Facial Ageing (PhD project)
- 3D Face Tracking (PhD project)
- Automated Skin Health Analysis
- Intelligent Computation Group