Network architecture and design
We have work in the general area of networked systems, architecture, protocols and applications. We have specific interests in:
- next-generation Internet architecture
- the control and management planes and the effect they have on overall systems behaviour and operation
- mobile and wireless systems
- network monitoring and measurement
- privacy, security and trust in networked and distributed systems
- online social networks
- delay-tolerant and opportunistic networking
- energy usage and efficiency in networked systems
We are especially interested in looking at the design, construction and operation of working systems, so a lot of the work we do is very practical: building test-beds, performing experiments and taking measurements of working systems. We explore new architectures and protocols, at the networking-oriented layers as well as the application-oriented layers of networked and distributed systems.
Research Fellows and Students
- Oche Ejembi
- Luke Hutton
- Chonlatee Khorakun
- Iain Oliver
- Shantanu Pal
- Iain Parris
- Ditchaphong Phoomikiattisak
- Bruce Simpson
- Yi Yu
- CRAWDAD: Community Resource for Archiving Wireless Data At Dartmouth, a wireless network data resource for the research community.
- IU-ATC: India-UK Advanced Technology Centre of Excellence in Next Generation Networks, Systems and Services.
- ILNP: Identifier Locator Network Protocol
- Privacy Value Networks
This page is maintained by Saleem Bhatti.