| Address || |
| School of
Computer Science |
| University of St
| St Andrews, Fife KY16
| Office || Jack Cole 0.33 |
| E-mail || firstname.lastname@example.org |
| Phone || +44 (0)1334 461633 |
I am a Research Assistant at the University of St Andrews, School of Computer
Science. My main research interests include runtime systems for parallel programming languages, scheduling and load
balancing for heterogeneous distributed systems, parallel functional programming and computer algebra.
I came to this beautiful and sunny (well, not really) town in 2007, after working for three years
as a teaching assistant at the University of Banja Luka, where I also got my
first degree in Mathematics and Computer Science. I finished my PhD at the School of Computer Science, Univeristy of St
Andrews under supervision of Prof. Kevin Hammond in 2011,
and after that I have worked as a postdoc on several different projects.
I am a member of school's Functional
Programming Group, and also a member of Centre for Interdisciplinary Research in Computational Algebra at the University
of St Andrews.
Here is the list of current and past projects that I have worked on
- SCIEnce -- (2006--2011) Symbolic
Computing Infrastructure for Europe
- ParaPhrase -- (2011--2014) ParaPhrase project aims to produce a new structured design and \
implementation process for heterogeneous parallel architectures, where developers exploit a variety of parallel patterns to develop component based applications that can\
be mapped to the available hardware resources, and which may then be dynamically re-mapped to meet application needs and hardware availability.
- HPCGAP -- (2009--2014) HPCGAP project aims to develop a high-performance
shared-memory and distributed versions of GAP computer algebra system.
- Space Exploration Using Parallel Orbits: a Study in Parallel Symbolic Computing
Vladimir Janjic, Cristopher Brown, Max Neunhoeffer, Kevin Hammond, Steve Linton and Hans-Wolfgang Loidl
accepted for presentation on International Conference on Parallel Computing (ParCo 2013), 2013
- How to be a Successful Thief: Feudal Work Stealing for Irregular Divide-and-Conquer Applications on Heterogeneous Distributed Systems
Vladimir Janjic, Kevin Hammond
to appear in Proc. of the International European Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing (EURO-PAR 2013), 2013
- Mapping Parallel Programs to Heterogeneous CPU/GPU Architectures using a Monte Carlo Tree Search
Mehdi Goli, John McCall, Cristopher Brown, Vladimir Janjic and Kevin Hammond
to appear in Proc. 2013 IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation (CEC 2013), 2013
- Repeating History: Execution Replay for Parallel Haskell Programs
Henrique Ferreiro, Vladimir Janjic, Laura Castro and Kevin Hammond
to appear in Proc. of the 2012 International Symposium on Trends in Functional Programming (TFP 2012), Springer, 2012
- Using Load Information in Work-Stealing on Distributed Systems with Non-Uniform Communication Latencies
Vladimir Janjic and Kevin Hammond
to appear in Proc. of the International European Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing (EURO-PAR 2012), 2012
- Load Balancing of Irregular Parallel Applications on Heterogeneous Computing Environments
PhD Thesis, School of Computer Science, University of St Andrews, 2011
- Granularity-Aware Work-Stealing for Computationally-Uniform Grids
Vladimir Janjic, Kevin Hammond
Proc. of the 2010 10th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Cluster, Cloud and Grid Computing (CCGRID '10), p. 123-134, IEEE Computer Society, 2010
- Using Application Information to Drive Adaptive Grid Middleware Scheduling Decisions,
Vladimir Janjic, Kevin Hammond, Yang Yang
Proc. of the 2nd Workshop on Middleware-application Interaction, p. 7-12, ACM, 2008
Grid-GUM Runtime Environment for Glasgow Parallel Haskell
SCALES Work-Stealing Simulator for Computational Grids
I am originally from Bosnia and Herzegovina. I was born in the city of Sarajevo, in Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia.
I have moved to Banja Luka in 1992, where I lived until 2007.
I am married to Rada Janjic, and we have a lovely daughter, Marija.
I am a big fan of american alt-rock band Sonic Youth. I also like
prog-rock (Genesis, Yes, Caravan, Camel, Pink Floyd etc.) and 50s and 60s jazz (Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Ornette Coleman etc.)