MOVEDSince October 2012, I am working at the Computer Vision and Active Perception Lab at KTH Royal Institute of Technology.
ContactOffice: 0.17, Jack Cole Building, North Haugh
Phone: +44 744 055 6575
Mail: School of Computer Science, University of St. Andrews, North Haugh, St. Andrews, Fife, KY16 9SX, SCOTLAND
I am interested in computational homological algebra and algebraic topology, and especially in high performance computing in these fields. The summary below is still radically incomplete.
You can get hold of my current Curriculum Vitae.
We are currently working on equipping GAP (Groups, algorithms, programs) with capacity for both SMP and distributed parallelism.
Topological data analysis
I work on introducing methods inspired by algebraic topology into data analysis.
- Topology of Politics (joint with Gunnar Carlsson and Anders Sandberg)
Applied and computational algebraic topology
I work on persistent homology and cohomology, their computation, and their applications in various areas.
- Survey talks
SIAM Annual Meeting 2012
- Persistent cohomology and circle-valued coordinates (joint
with Dmitriy Morozov and Vin de Silva)
- Analyzing periodic systems with circle-valued coordinates (joint with Primoz Skraba and Vin de Silva)
- Persistent topology and algebraic geometry (joint with Jon
Hauenstein, Chris Peterson, David Eklund, Martina Scolamiero,
- Parallelized computation of persistent homology (joint with
Primoz Skraba and David Lipsky)
- Algebraic Persistence -- the algebra of persistence modules
KTH informal seminar
Computational Topology 2012 -- CG Week adds Tensor products and a worked example
ATMCS 5 adds more about tensor products and related constructions.
There are quite a number of random projects I pay varying amounts of attention to. I am interested in operads and operadic methods, in Gröbner bases and related topics, and a wide swathe of computational algebraic themes.
- Operadic Gröbner bases (joint with Vladimir Dotsenko)
Séminaires et Congrès
- Distributed computation of Gröbner bases (joint with Emil
Sköldberg and Jason Dusek)
- A partial A∞-structure on
JHRS / arXiv:0707.1637
Selected talks and slides
- TDA meeting Santa Barbara, 1/2009 Conference talk, circle-valued coordinates
- Banff Research Station, 3/2009 Conference talk, circle-valued coordinates
- Duke University, 4/2009 Seminar talk, circle-valued coordinates
- ACM SoCG, 6/2009 Peer-reviewed conference talk, circle-valued coordinates
- Pomona, 7/2009 Seminar talk, circle-valued coordinates
- de Brún, NUI Galway, 7/2009 Conference talk, circle-valued coordinates
- TGDA, Paris, 7/2009 Conference talk, circle-valued coordinates
- Uppsala, 9/2009 Seminar talk, circle-valued coordinates and applications
- ATMCS, Münster, 6/2010 Conference talk, circle-valued coordinates and periodic systems
- Topology and its Applications, Nafpaktos, 6/2010 Conference talk, circle-valued coordinates
- FSU Jena, 8/2010 Seminar talk, Topology of Politics
- Linköping, 8/2010 Seminar talk, Topology of Politics
- ICMS, Kobe, 9/2010 Peer-reviewed conference talk, Operadic Gröbner bases
- KTH, 9/2010 Seminar talk, Topology of Politics
- Lesson 1, KTH, 9/2010 Mini-course, Persistent homology
- Lesson 3, KTH, 9/2010
- Handout, Lesson 3, KTH, 9/2010
- University of Western Ontario, 10/2010 Seminar talk, circle-valued coordinates and periodic systems
- Kaiserslautern, 11/2010 Colloquium talk, circle-valued coordinates
- Kaiserslautern, 11/2010 Teaching sample, persistent homology and topological data analysis
- Mittag-Leffler, 1/2011 Informal talk, persistent homology
- NCSU, 1/2011 Colloquium talk, Topological data analysis and circle-valued coordinates
- MEGA 2011, 6/2011 Peer-reviewed conference talk, javaPlex: persistent homology software
- Robotics & Computer Vision, KTH, 8/2011 Seminar talk, Applications of algebraic topology
- SIAM AG11, 10/2011 Conference talk, Persistent homology of algebraic varieties
- Texas A&M, 10/2011 Seminar talk, Point clouds of varieties and persistent homology
- Dartmouth CS, 10/2011 Seminar talk, Point clouds of varieties and persistent homology
- Dartmouth CS, 10/2011 Colloquium talk, The Topology of Politics
- University of St Andrews, Applied seminar, 11/2011 Seminar talk, Topological Data Analysis
- University of Edinburgh, Geometry and Topology seminar, 11/2011 Seminar talk, Topological Data Analysis
- Vin de Silva, Dmitriy Morozov and Mikael Vejdemo-Johansson, Persistent Cohomology and Circular Coordinates, Discrete and Computational Geometry 45 (4) pp 737-759, 2011
- Vin de Silva, Dmitriy Morozov, and Mikael Vejdemo-Johansson, Dualities in persistent (co)homology, to appear in Inverse Problems
- Mikael Vejdemo-Johansson, Computation of A∞-algebras in group cohomology. Doctoral thesis, FSU Jena, July 2008.
- Mikael Vejdemo-Johansson, Blackbox computation of A-infinity algebras, Georgian Mathematical Journal 17:2 pp 391-404, 2010. Festschrift to honor Tornike Kadeishvili.
- Vladimir Dotsenko and Mikael Vejdemo-Johansson, Operadic Gröbner bases: an implementation. Mathmatical Software - ICMS 2010, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 6327, pp 249 - 252, 2010. Peer-reviewed computational conference.
- Mikael Vejdemo-Johansson, A partial A-infinity structure on the cohomology of Cn x Cm, Journal of Homotopy and Related Structures 3:1, pp 1-11, 2008.
- Computation of Poincaré-Betti series for monomial rings, Rendiconti dell'Istituto di Matematica dell'Università di Trieste, 37:1-2 pp 85-94. 2006.
- Vladimir Dotsenko and Mikael Vejdemo-Johansson, Implementing Gröbner bases for operads, Séminaires et Congrès, 26 (2011) pp 77-98.
- Vin de Silva and Mikael Vejdemo-Johansson, Persistent Cohomology and Circular Coordinates, Proceedings of the ACM Symposium on Computational Geometry 2009. Peer-reviewed computational conference with 25% acceptance rate.
- Valerio Pascucci, Brian Summa, Bei Wang, and Mikael Vejdemo-Johansson, Branching and circular features in high dimensional data, Proceedings of IEEE Visualization 2011. Peer-reviewed computational conference with 30% acceptance rate.
Last modified: Fri Jul 27 16:16:04 PDT 2012