Welcome to the School of Computer Science
The School of Computer Science is a centre of excellence for computer science teaching and research, with staff and students from Scotland and all parts of the world. It is a member of SICSA - The Scottish Informatics and Computer Science Alliance.
We offer BSc, MSci, MSc, MPhil and PhD degree programmes, and are active in research in the fundamentals of computer science, networking and distributed systems, artificial intelligence, human computer interaction, and software systems engineering.
If you are thinking about studying at St Andrews, you are very welcome to come and visit us to see for yourself. There are visiting days on Wednesdays throughout the year.
- LitLong launches from AHRC funded project
- The Palimpsest project involving the University of St Andrews’ SACHI group collaborating with the University of Edinburgh’s English litera [...]
- Another Successful PhD Viva
- Congratulations to To Masih Hajiarabderkani, who has successfully defended his PhD thesis. Pictured celebrating with supervisor Dr Graham Kirby and In [...]
- PhD Viva Success
- Congratulations to Ruth Hoffmann and Jonathan Ward who passed their PhD vivas earlier this week. Ruth is pictured with Dr Tom Kelsey (internal examine [...]
- Mario Kart Around the World
- The School recently hosted “Mario Kart Around the World” for students from Newport Primary. All versions of Mario Kart with the exception [...]
- School Hosts StacsHack 2015
- The School hosted a hugely successful StacsHack last month. We congratulate Stacs St Andrews Computing Society for organising and running a fantastic [...]
- CoDiMa (CCP in the area of Computational Discrete Mathematics)
- Steve Linton and Alexander Konovalov were successful in the application for the EPSRC-funded Collaborative Computational Project called CoDiMa (CCP in [...]
- Administrative Data Research Centre – Scotland, St Andrews team
- The Scottish ADRC is led by Chris Dibben at the University of Edinburgh, and is supported by the Economic and Social Research Council. The ADRC – [...]
Ongoing and future events
- April 28th, seminar by Mel Woods: Future Cities: Co-creating Future City Design Fictions in the Wild
- Seminar: 28th Apr 2015 at 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm (in Cole 1.33a) The School of Computer Science welcomes Mel Woods from Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art and Design, University of Dundee. Abstract: Blue heritage [...]
- June 16th, seminar by Gavin Doherty: Technologies for mental health: designing for engagement
- Seminar: 16th Jun 2015 at 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm (in Cole 1.33a) The School of Computer Science welcomes Dr Gavin Doherty, Trinity College Dublin to give his talk on ‘Technologies for mental health: designing [...]
See the documentation on how to publish news and events.