Welcome to the School of Computer Science
The School of Computer Science is a centre of excellence for computer science teaching and research, with staff and students from Scotland and all parts of the world. It is a member of SICSA - The Scottish Informatics and Computer Science Alliance.
We offer BSc, MSci, MSc, MPhil and PhD degree programmes, and are active in research in the fundamentals of computer science, networking and distributed systems, artificial intelligence, human computer interaction, and software systems engineering.
If you are thinking about studying at St Andrews, you are very welcome to come and visit us to see for yourself. There are visiting days on Wednesdays throughout the year.
- Fundraising finale for CompSci swimmers
- Congratulations to our Great Scottish CS swimmers who have raised £1,106 for Médecins Sans Frontières. The fundraising page will be closing soon. A [...]
- Daily Record & Bòrd na Gàidhlig Scottish Gaelic Award for Virtual St Kilda
- Congratulations to The Open Virtual Worlds group and Virtual St Kilda, which won the Gaelic as an Economic Asset Award at the Daily Record & Bòrd [...]
- PhD Viva Success: Marc Werfs
- Congratulations to Marc Werfs, who successfully defended his thesis today. He is pictured below with supervisor Emeritus Professor Ian Sommerville, In [...]
- Distinguished Lecture Series 2015: Joe Armstrong
- Earlier this week Professor Joe Armstrong from the KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm, delivered the second set of distinguished lectures [...]
- Palimpsest recognised by British Library Labs
- A new annual competition set up to identify outstanding and innovative work, created using the British Library’s digital collections and content, ha [...]
- CodeFirst:Girls final presentations Fall 2015
- Congratulations to our St Andrews Computer Science Code First Girls, for completing the Fall 2015 course and staging their final projects. Students ar [...]
- Bake Sale: Children in Need 2015
- Well done to Sophie, Caitlyn and Sarah who raised £265 pounds for Children In Need last week. They are pictured setting up shop, selling their delici [...]
Ongoing and future events
- 2014/15 Graduation Reception on St Andrews Day tomorrow
- 30th Nov 2015 at 11:00 am to 2:00 pm (in Cole Coffee Area) The School of Computer Science will be holding a Graduation Reception in the Jack Cole Building on Monday 30th November 2015 from 11:00am to 14:00pm f [...]
- Seminar: ‘Communication Technologies’ by Rachel Menzies
- Seminar: 15th Dec 2015 at 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm (in Cole 1.33a) School Seminar Series Abstract: to appear Bio: Rachel is lecturer in the School of Computing at the University of Dundee, with a background in HCI and usability. She teache [...]
- Undergraduate visiting day
- Visiting Day: 9th Mar 2016 at 2:00 pm to 3:30 pm Prospective undergraduates are welcomed to the School of Computer Science for an undergraduate visiting day.
- Undergraduate visiting day
- Visiting Day: 30th Mar 2016 at 2:00 pm to 3:30 pm Prospective undergraduates are welcomed to the School of Computer Science for an undergraduate visiting day.
- Distinguished Lecture Series: ‘CS for All’ by President Maria Klawe
- Distinguished lecture: 31st Mar 2016 at 9:15 am to 3:30 pm (in Upper College Hall) Distinguished Lectures Series The School of Computer Science are delighted to announce that next semester President Maria Klawe will deliver their second Distinguished Lecture of t [...]