Welcome to the School of Computer Science
The School of Computer Science is a centre of excellence for computer science teaching and research, with staff and students from Scotland and all parts of the world. It is a member of SICSA - The Scottish Informatics and Computer Science Alliance. Our Alumni can be found across the world in industry and academia.
We offer BSc, MSci, MSc, MPhil and PhD degree programmes, and are active in research in the fundamentals of computer science, networking and distributed systems, artificial intelligence, human computer interaction, and software systems engineering.
If you are thinking about studying at St Andrews, you are very welcome to come and visit us to see for yourself. There are visiting days on Wednesdays throughout the year. If you are one of our Alumni please visit our Alumni site for alumni stories and more.
- Launch of new St Andrews CS Alumni webpage
- We now launched our new Alumni webpage for the School of Computer Science in the University of St Andrews. This page is designed for our alumni to sta [...]
- School of Computer Science: Distinguished Lecture Series
- The School of Computer Science in the University of St Andrews is pleased to announce the next set of Distinguished Lectures (DLS) leading up to the 5 [...]
- Finalists in VisitScotland digital competition
- Congratulations to the Open Virtual Worlds Group on reaching the final of a digital competition launched by VisitScotland, Scotland’s national touri [...]
- Computer Science fundraisers: Dryathlons and Marathons
- Alex Voss has completed a January Dryathlon for Cancer Research UK. Read about his recent exploration of mocktails and smoothies, and help him reach h [...]
- PhD Viva Success: Jakub Dostal
- Congratulations to Jakub Dostal, who successfully defended his thesis today. He is pictured below celebrating with supervisor Professor Aaron Quigley, [...]
- PhD Reading Party 2015
- The 2015 PhD Reading Party was held at the Burn, a Georgian Mansion at the foot of Glenesk in the North East of Scotland in December last year. It was [...]
- Graduation November 2015
- Congratulations to the Masters Class of 2015, and PhD students Dr Luke Hutton and Dr Chris Schneider who graduated on Monday. Dr Chonlatee Khorakhun g [...]
Ongoing and future events
- School Seminar: ‘Probabilistic Formal Analysis of App Usage to Inform Redesign’ by Oana Andrei next week
- Seminar: 9th Feb 2016 at 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm (in Cole 1.33a) School Seminar Series The School of Computer Science are delighted to welcome Dr Oana Andrei, from the University of Glasgow, to give her talk on Probabilistic Formal Analy [...]
- Seminar: “Data Exploration on Smart watches” by Dr Rachel Menzies
- Seminar, Talk: 23rd Feb 2016 at 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm (in Cole 1.33) School Seminar Series Abstract: For many of us, interacting with data on mobile devices such as phones and tablets is commonplace in our lives, e.g. phone call data, TV gui [...]
- Undergraduate visiting day
- Visiting Day: 9th Mar 2016 at 2:00 pm to 3:30 pm Prospective undergraduates are welcomed to the School of Computer Science for an undergraduate visiting day.
- School Seminar ‘Closure Experiences in Digital Product Design’ by Joe Macleod updated
- Seminar, Talk: 29th Mar 2016 at 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm (in Cole 1.33) School Seminar Series “Closure Experiences in Digital Product Design. The loss of the resolution in the shop of abundance” Abstract Most experiences in life are [...]
- Undergraduate visiting day
- Visiting Day: 30th Mar 2016 at 2:00 pm to 3:30 pm Prospective undergraduates are welcomed to the School of Computer Science for an undergraduate visiting day.